Strengthening Youth Programs in Indiana
What is IYI’s role?
Throughout the Strengthening Youth Programs in Indiana (SYPI) Initiative, IYI will provide direct support to over 150 independent youth-serving organizations. In our role as a statewide intermediary organization that provides data, training, consultation, and other resources to Indiana youth-serving organizations, IYI will walk alongside the awardees to provide initiative-specific workshops, trainings, and other supports for organizations participating in SYPI.
Why are we excited?
IYI is honored at the opportunity to provide quality support to meet the long-term goal of stronger, more sustainable Indiana youth-serving organizations. We are excited to support organizations that represent a range of services across the state as they use the SYPI initiative to strengthen their organizational infrastructure and improve the delivery of their services to the kids and communities they serve.
What does this mean for the field?
Organizations receiving these grants offer a wide array of programs and services to youth. These include foster care placement, youth employment, college preparation, STEM education, art therapy, health and wellness activities, grief counseling, leadership and character development, outdoor education, tutoring, mentoring and before- and after-school enrichment. See the grants list here.
Grant-funded projects will:
- Improve existing programs or develop new ones to reach more youth and remove barriers to their participation.
- Refurbish their buildings or outdoor program spaces or upgrade computers and other technology and equipment to better serve youth.
- Strengthen access to mental health and behavioral health services, which organizations noted was a significant need throughout the state.
- Provide youth with improved leadership development and civic engagement opportunities.
- Build organizational capacity by focusing on strategic planning and improved fundraising.
- Hire more staff and attract and retain staff with professional development and increased compensation in light of a competitive labor market.
As part of SYPI, IYI will provide initiative-specific workshops, training, and supports for the awarded organizations. Organizations awarded through the SYPI initiative can log in here to access resources and information.